Effect of industrial immissions with high sulphur dioxide content on thiobacilli and oxidative activity of spruce forest soils towards inorganic sulphur compounds
- 21 Downloads
Effect of industrial immissions with high sulphur dioxide content on the upper horizons of spruce forest soils in NW Bohemia was investigated. The content of sulphates, oxidative activity towards sulphide, elemental sulphur, thiosulphate and sulphite, concentration and species representation of thiobacilli in horizons F, H and A in regions highly affected by immissions (two localities) and in regions relatively less influenced (three localities) were followed. In the affected areas the sulphur content in the soil was higher, the species representation of thiobacilli was similar and their concentration was higher, the ability of the soil to oxidize thiosulphate was inhibited and oxidation of elemental sulphur was stimulated. The oxidation of sulphide and sulphite was not significantly affected by the immissions. Changes caused by immissions could be observed only in horizons F and H and did not involve horizons A.
KeywordsMoisture Content Sulphate Content Soil Horizon Oxidative Activity Sulphite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Langkramer O.: Einfluss von Immissionen auf die Bodenmikroflora in Fichtenbeständen.IX. Internat. Tagung Luftwerunreinigung und Forstwirtschaft, p. 277, Mariánské Lázně 1974.Google Scholar
- Langkramer O.: Effect of immissions on microorganisms and their activity in upper horizons of spruce forest soils. (In Czech)Forestry21,6911 (1976).Google Scholar
- Mrkva R., Grunda B.: Einfluss von Immissionen auf die Waldböden und ihre Mikroflora im Gebiet von Südmähren.Acta Univ.Agric., Fac.Silvatic. Brno, Ser.38, 247 (1969).Google Scholar
- Pelíšk J.: Effects of gaseous exhalations of the Ostrava region on forest soils of Moravian-Silesian Beskydy. (In Czech)Forestry Work55, 511 (1976).Google Scholar
- Pochon J., De Barjac H.: Traité de microbiologie des sols. Dunod, Paris 1958.Google Scholar
- Samek V., Jančařík V.: Life environment and its protection. (In Czech)Forestry Guide No2, 1 (1977).Google Scholar