Influence of cultivation conditions on the production of cellulolytic enzymes withTrichoderma reesei Rutgers C30 in aqueous two-phase systems
- 50 Downloads
Cellulolytic enzyme production in aqueous two-phase systems withTrichoderma reesei Rutgers C30 has been investigated. The influ ence of different phase systems, as well as addition of media compo nents and substrate on enzyme production have been studied. Extractive enzyme production in fed-batch cultivations was per formed in a phase system composed of PEG 8000 5%-Dextran T500 7% with 1% Solka-Floc BW 200 as substrate. The cellulolytic enzyme system was intermittently withdrawn with the top phase. Addition of media components every 24 h and cellulose every 72 h gave an aver age enzyme activity in the withdrawn top phase of 2.2 FPU/mL dur ing 170 h cultivation. The corresponding productivity was 18 FPU/lh. The productivity was increased to 24 FPU/l.h when media compo nents and cellulose were added every 72 h. The average enzyme con centration was then 1.6 FPU/mL. The results are discussed in relation to methods for cellulolytic enzyme production involving immobiliza tion and cell recycling.
Index EntriesCellulolytic enzymes aqueous two-phase systems Trichoderma reesei cellulose production
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Persson, I., Tjerneld, F., and Hahn-Hagerdal, B. (1989),Proc. Biochem., accepted for publication.Google Scholar
- 5.Shoemaker, S. P., Raymond, J. C, and Bruner, R. (1981),Basic Life Sci. (Trends in the Biol. Ferment. Fuels Chem.)18, 89.Google Scholar
- 7.Mandels, M. (1975),Biotech. Bioeng. Symp. No 5, 81.Google Scholar
- 10.Albertsson, P-A (1986), inPartition of Cell Particles and Macromolecules, Third Edition, Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York.Google Scholar
- 11.Kula, M-R., Kroner, K. H., and Hustedt, H. (1982),Adv. Biochem. Eng. 24, 74.Google Scholar
- 18.Mandels, M., Andreotti, R., and Roche, C. (1976),Biotech. Bioeng. 6, 21.Google Scholar
- 22.Albertsson, P-Å., Cajarville, A., Brooks, D. E., and Tjerneld, F. (1987),Biohim. Biophys. Acta 926, 87.Google Scholar
- 26.Kumakura, M. and Kaetsu, I. (1986),Biotechnol. Appl. Biochem. 8, 195.Google Scholar
- 30.Kula, M.-R., Kroner, K., and Hustedt, H. (1982),Adv. Biochem. Eng. 24, 73.Google Scholar