Kinetics of growth and metabolism ofClostridium thermosaccharolyticum culture
- 50 Downloads
The kinetics of growth and metabolism ofClostridium thermo saccharolyticum DSM 571 has been studied at varying initial pH and glu cose concentration. A weak inhibitory effect of excess glucose on the specific growth rate has been shown. The effect of antibiotics of various classes on culture growth and hydrogen evolution has been studied. Streptomycin and kanamycin resistance of this culture has been re vealed as well as the phenomenon of increased hydrogen production in the presence of the above antibiotics. New plasmids, pNBl (4.9 kb) and pNB2 (2.0 kb), were isolated fromC. thermosaccharolyticum DSM 571. The restriction analysis of pNBl and pNB2 has been performed.
Index EntriesClostridium thermosaccharolyticum glucose hydrogen ethanol acetic propionic and lactic acids carbon dioxide kinetics specific growth rate half-saturation constant inhibition constant antibiotic-resistance streptomycin kanamycin plasmid restriction analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Imanaka, T., Ano, T., Fuji, M., and Aiba, S. (1981),J. Bacteriol.146, 1091.Google Scholar
- 4.McClung, L. S. (1935),J. Bacteriol.29, 189.Google Scholar
- 6.Zeikus, J. G., and Ng, T. K. (1982),Ann. Reps. Ferm. Proc.5, 263.Google Scholar
- 7.Wiegel, I., Ljungdahl, L. G., and Rawson, J. R. (1979),J. Bacteriol. 138, 800.Google Scholar
- 8.Matsumura, M., Katakura, Y., Imanaka, T., and Aiba, S. (1984),J. Bacteriol.160, 413.Google Scholar
- 14.Fechina, V. A., Gazarian, I. G., and Yegorov, A. M. (1988),Materialy 6 Vsesoyuznogo simposiuma “Inzhenernaya enzimologia” (Proceedings of the 6th All-Union Simposium “Enzyme Engineering”, Vilnus, v. 1, p. 155.Google Scholar
- 15.Berezin, I. V., Rabinovich, M. L., and Sinitsin, A. P. (1977),Biokhimia 9, 1631.Google Scholar
- 16.Gorina, I. A. and Yakovleva, V. I. (1980),Prikladn. Biokhim. Mikrobiol. (Appl. Biochem. and Microbiology) 16, 936.Google Scholar
- 17.Maniatis, T., Fritsch, E., and Sambrook, J. (1982),Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, N.Y., pp. 89–92.Google Scholar
- 19.Varfolomeyev, S. D., and Kalyuzhnyy, S. V. (1990),Kineticheskive osnovy mikrobiologicheskikh protsessov. (Kinetic grounds of microbiological processes), Vysshaya Shkola Press, Moscow, in press.Google Scholar