A new method for the precise determination of h/e
- 11 Downloads
A new β-spectrometric method of measuringh/e by using conversion electron lines is proposed. The energy difference between atomic shells is obtained directly in electron volts and this quantity is compared to the corresponding frequency. The accuracy of the method is quantitatively discussed.
KeywordsEnergy Difference Electron Volt Atomic Shell Active Deposit Inexact Knowledge
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1).The present status of elementary constants is discussed in great detail in some articles by DuMond, J. and E. Cohen, namely: Phys. Rev.82 (1951) 555; A report to the National Research Council Committee on Constants and Conversion Factors of Physics (Privately distributed, 1951); American Scientist, Vol. 40, (July, 1952), No. 3.CrossRefADSGoogle Scholar
- 3).Quoted from Landolt-Börnstein I:5 (Atomkerne), p. 264, Berlin-Göttin-gen-Heidelberg 1952.Google Scholar
- 4).Flammersfeld (see ref. 3) gives a lower intensity for the sum (B +Ba), i.e. 3.5.Google Scholar
- 6).Quoted from Cauchois, Y. and H. Hulubei, Tables de Constantes et Données numériques 1, Paris 1947.Google Scholar
- 8).Lindström, G., Ark. Fys.4, No. 1 (1951) 1.Google Scholar
- 9).Landolt-Börnstein, loc. cit.Google Scholar
- 10).Flammersfeld (see ref. 9) gives the intensity values 28.4 and ~ 5.0 for theF andI lines respectively.Google Scholar