The motion analysis of fire video images based on moment features and flicker frequency
In this paper, motion analysis methods based on the moment features and flicker frequency features for early fire flame from ordinary CCD video camera were proposed, and in order to describe the changing of flame and disturbance of non-flame phenomena further more, the average changing pixel number of the first-order moments of consecutive flames has been defined in the moment analysis as well. The first-order moments of all kinds of flames used in our experiments present irregularly flickering, and their average changing pixel numbers of first-order moments are greater than fire-like disturbances. For the analysis of flicker frequency of flame, which is extracted and calculated in spatial domain, and therefore it is computational simple and fast. The method of extracting flicker frequency from video images is not affected by the catalogues of combustion material and distance. In experiments, we adopted two kinds of flames, i. e., fixed flame and movable flame. Many comparing and disturbing experiments were done and verified that the methods can be used as criteria for early fire detection.
Key Wordsfire video images moment features flicker frequency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- WANG Xincheng. Advanced image processing techniques [M]. Beijing: the Publishing House of Science and Technology of China, 2001 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- BAXES G A. Digital image processing—principles and applications. New York: John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 1994.Google Scholar
- MUKUNDAN R, Ramakrishnan K R. Moment functions in image analysis-theory and applications. World Science, Singapore, 1998Google Scholar
- WANG Yaoming. Moment functions of image-principle, algorithm and applications [M]. Shanghai: the Publishing House of East China University of Science and Technology, 2002.Google Scholar
- GONZALEZ R C, WINTZ P. Digital image processing (2nd.). New York: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1987.Google Scholar
- LI Zaiming. The technology of digital image processing, compression and recognition. Chengdu: the Publishing House of University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, 2000 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- FU Weibiao, ZHANG Yonglian, WANG Qingan. Combustion science[M]. Beijing: Higher Education Press, 1989 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- AN Zhiwei, YUAN Hongyong, QU Yugui. The measuring research on flicker frequency of flame [J]. Computer Applications, 2000,20(5): 66–68(in chinese).Google Scholar
- YUAN Hongyong, SU Guofeng et al. The measuring research on flicker frequency of flame based on infrared image sequences. The International Conference of City Fire Safety. 1999 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- WU Longbiao, YUAN Hongyong. The fire detection and control engineering[M]. Hefei: the publishing house of University of Science and Technology of China, 1999.Google Scholar
- SONG Wenzhong, JIANG Changjin, Hu Keding. The experiments and analysis of flickering frequency of flame in combustor of boiler [J]. Thermal Power Generation, 1995(4): 45–50.Google Scholar