Analysis of membrane filters and thick fly ash samples by PIXE
- 24 Downloads
The possibility of the routine PIXE measurement of environmental samples has been tested at the INP in Řež. Both thin samples of aerosols collected on membrane filters Synpor and Nuclepore and thick aerosols and fly ashes samples pressed into pellets were analyzed. The Nuclepore filter was found more suitable for PIXE analysis of aerosols than the Synpor, and the thin aerosol sample analysis was found to be easier than the thick sample analysis. The grain size effect in the case of thick fly ash samples is discussed.
Index EntriesX-ray analysis PIXE thick and thin target aerosol analysis fly ash analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.D. D. Cohen,Clean Air 26, 113 (1992).Google Scholar
- 5.S. A. E. Johansson,Chemia Analytyczna 35, 167 (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.W. Maenhaut, and K. G. Malmquist,R. E. Van Grieken Handbook of X-Ray Spectrometry, Marcel Dekker, New York, 1992, Part 11, pp. 517–580.Google Scholar
- 7.S. A. E. Johansson, and J. L. Campbell,PIXE: A Novel Technique for Elemental Analysis, J. Wiley and Sons, Chichester, 1988.Google Scholar
- 9.Micromatter X-Ray Fluorescence Calibration Standards. Micromatter Co., 123 Madrona Lane, P.O. Box 123, Deer Harbor, WA 98243.Google Scholar