TEM study of transformation units and the growth mechanism of bainite
- 70 Downloads
The morphologies and substructures of bainites formed in Fe-Ni-Mn and Cu-Zn-Al alloys have been studied by TEM. The existence of bainitic transformation units is observed. The lengthening of bainitic plate is processed by the strain induced nucleation of the units. The thickening direction is determined along the defect planes. The formation of ledges is due to the different transverse size of those subunits or the displacement of bainitic plate. The ledges correspond to defect planes and cannot move laterally.
Keywordsbainite transformation unit ledge
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Oblack, J. M., Hehamann, R. F.,Transformation and Hardenability in Steels, Ann Arbor: Climax Molybdenum Company, 1967, 15.Google Scholar
- 3.Yu, D. G., Chen, D. J., Zheng, J. H. et al., Phase transformation unit of bainitic ferrite and its surface relief in low and medium carbon alloy steels,Acta Metall. Sin. (in Chinese), 1988, 24(6): A379.Google Scholar
- 5.Li, F. Z., Ao, Q., Gu, Y. N. et al., TEM observation of the fine structure of bainite.Acta Metall. Sin. (in Chinese), 1997, 33(3): 241.Google Scholar
- 6.Aaronson, H. I.,Decomp. Aust. by Diffu. Proc., New York: Inter. Publ., 1962, 387.Google Scholar
- 8.Fang, H. S., Li, C. M., Wang, J. J., Initial α1 plates and three-dimensional ledges of bainite in a Cu-Zn-al alloy,Acta Metal. Sin., 1993, 29(9): A383.Google Scholar
- 9.Bhadeshia, H. K. D. H., Christian, J. W., Bainite in steels,Metall. Trans. A, 1990, 21(4): 767.Google Scholar
- 10.Yu, D. G., Zhu, Y. R., Chen, D. J., et al., Bainitic transformation units and formation of martensite-like bainite in Fe-C alloys,Acta Metall. Sin. (in Chinese), 1994, 30(9): 385.Google Scholar
- 12.Wu, X. L., Chen, G. N., Kang, M. K., TEM study of growth mechanism at the initial stage of bainitic reaction in steels,Trans. Metal Heat Treat. (in Chinese), 1997, 18(2): 14.Google Scholar