Growth units and forming mechanism of KDP crystals
- 46 Downloads
From the view of crystal chemistry, the growth units and forming mechanism of KDP crystals were investigated. The thickness of boundary layers changing with lattice faces was studied byin-situ observation with Raman spectra, where the solution structure during crystal growth could be well observed. It was found that the solution structure at the boundary layer is similar to that of the crystal, so that the growth units are proposed as [H2PO4]−. The difference of growth rates of lattice faces is determined by the combination of growth units, which is mainly dominated by the angular orientation of K−O and H−O bonds. Consequently the reason about the difference of growth rates of lattice faces and the influence of pH value on the crystal morphology can be well elucidated.
Keywordsgrowth unit anionic coordination polyhedron boundary layer supersaturation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu Xiling, The holographic studies on the boundary layer of solute at high-low temperature solution growth,Science in China (in Chinese), Ser. E. 1993, 23(12): 1328.Google Scholar
- 2.Zhong Weizhuo, Hua Sukun, The growth units of anionic coordination polyhedron and crystal habit,Journal of Silicate, 1995, 23(4): 464.Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang Kecong,The Basis of Recent Crystallography (in Chinese), Vol. 1, Beijing: Science Press, 1987, 231.Google Scholar
- 5.Shi Erwei, Yuan Rulin, Xia Changtai, The studies on the model of growth units of BaTiO3 crystal in hydrothermal method,J. of Physics (in Chinese), 1997, 46(1): 1.Google Scholar
- 6.Yuan Rulin, Shi Erwei, Wang Buguo, The growth units of ZnO crystal and forming mechanism of growth morphology,Science in China (in Chinese), Ser. E, 1997, 27(3): 229.Google Scholar