Computing equations of water hammer in pseudohomogeneous solid-liquid flow and their verification
- 72 Downloads
In engineering practice, single-phase water hammer models are still employed to analyze the water hammer of solid-liquid flow. According to the characteristics of solid-liquid flow, continuity equations and momentum equations of pseudo-homogeneous flows are deduced, and a pseudo-homogeneous water hammer model is thus built and verified with experiment results. The characteristics of solid-liquid flow’s viscosity, resistance and wave velocity are considered in the model. Therefore, it has higher precision than a single-phase model.
Keywordswater hammer model single-phase flow pseudo-homogeneous solid-liquid flow continuity equation momentum equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Han Wenliang, Dong Zengnan, Chai Hong’en, Water hammer in pipelines with hyperconcentrated slurry flows carrying solid particles, Science in China, Ser. E, 1998, 41(4): 337.Google Scholar
- 2.Qian Ning, Wan Zhaohui, Mechanics of Sediment Transport (in Chinese), Beijing: Tsinghua University Press, 1984.Google Scholar
- 3.Wang Shuren, Hydropower Station (in Chinese), Beijing: Tsinghua University Press, 1984.Google Scholar
- 4.Fox, J. A., Hydraulic Analysis of Unsteady Flow in Pipe Works, London: Macmilan Press LTD., 1977, 26–28.Google Scholar
- 5.Han Wenliang, Fei Xiangjun, Experimental study of the water hammer wave velocity of solid-liquid flow, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering (in Chinese), 1990, (11): 41.Google Scholar
- 6.Fei Xiangjun, Forecasting of friction loss in hydraulic pipeline transport of solid particles, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering (in Chinese), 1986, (12): 20.Google Scholar
- 7.Wasp, E. J., Solid-liquid Slurry Pipeline Transportation of Solid Particles by Solid-liquid Flow (in Chinese) Beijing: China Press of Water Conservancy, 1990, April, 138.Google Scholar
- 8.Fei Xiangjun, Hydraulics of Solid-liquid Flows and Transport of Solid Particles (in Chinese), Beijing: Tsinghua University Press, May, 1994.Google Scholar
- 9.Durand, R., The Hydraulic Transportation of Coal and Other Materials in Pipes, London: Colloq. of National Coal Board, Nov. 1952.Google Scholar
- 10.Chai Hong’en, Numerical simulations of water hammer in pseudo-homogeneous solid-liquid two-phase flows, Master Thesis of Tsinghua University, 1999.Google Scholar