Improvement of culture conditions forl-proline production by a recombinant strain ofSerratia marcescens
- 75 Downloads
Serratia marcescens SP511 was previously reported to be anl-proline-producing strain that harbors a recombinant plasmid carrying the mutant type of the proline operon. This strain produced 65 g/L ofl-proline in a medium containing 22% sucrose and urea after 5 d of incubation under the conventional culture conditions. We searched for more suitable culture conditions for more abundantl-proline production by SP511. To improve the supply of a nitrogen source to cells, ammonium was used instead of urea and fed to a culture under control of the pH of the medium. The concentrations of MgSO4 and K2HPO4 were increased, and in addition, sucrose was continuously added to the culture at a final concentration of 32%. Under these conditions, the cell amount was increased twofold over that under the previous conditions andl-proline production reached a maximum of more than 100 g/L after 4 d of incubation.
Index Entriesl-proline production nitrogen source ammonia Serratia marcescens
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kinoshita, S. (1987),Proc. 4th Eur. Congr. Biotechnol. 4, 679.Google Scholar
- 3.Baich, A. and Pierson, D. J. (1965),Biochim. Biophys. Acta 104, 397.Google Scholar
- 4.Krishna, R. V. and Leisinger, T. (1979),Biochem. J. 181, 215.Google Scholar
- 5.Omori, K., Suzuki, S., Imai, Y., and Komatsubara, S. (1991),J. General Microbiol. 137, 509Google Scholar
- 6.Komatsubara, S. (1987),Proc. 4th Eur. Congr. Biotechnol. 4, 757.Google Scholar
- 8.Sugiura, M. and Kisumi, M. (1985),Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 49, 782.Google Scholar
- 9.Omori, K., Suzuki, S., Imai, Y., and Komatsubara, S. (1992),J. Gen. Microbiol. 138, 693.Google Scholar
- 11.Makoto, M., Takamatsu, S., Nishimura, N., Komatsubara, S., and Tosa, T. (1993),Appl. Biochem. Biotechnol. 37, (in press).Google Scholar
- 13.Kurata, J. and Iwata, T. (1958),KAGAKU NO RYOIKI ZOKAN (in Japanese)34, 53.Google Scholar
- 15.Kole, M. M., Thompson, B. G., and Gerson D. F. (1985),J. Ferment. Technol. 63, 121.Google Scholar
- 16.Suzui, T., Yasuda, T., Yamane, T., and Shimizu, S. (1986),J. Ferment. Technol. 64, 1986.Google Scholar