Electrical and structural design of air-conditioning fan motor for noise reduction
- 340 Downloads
AC induction motors have been widely used for fan motor of the air conditioner indoor unit. Noise of these AC induction motors is usually caused by the coupling effects of structural and electrical systems. The rotating torque and the noise from AC induction motor were discussed in this paper,. First, the modification of motor was carried out in order to reduce the unbalance magnetomotive force between main and sub winding. Second, structural modification based on normal mode analysis and modal testing was carried out so that the fan motor does not have the natural frequencies near the 2f-line frequency. Numerical modifications through these two processes were verified by experiments, which showed that the sound pressure level at 2f-line frequency of the modified system became about 25dB less than that of conventional one.
Key Words2f-Line Frequency Resonance Induction Motor Magnetomotive Force Forced Vibration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Charles I. Hubert, 2002,Electric Machines: Theory, Operation, Application, Adjustment, and Control 2nd edition, Prentice-Hall.Google Scholar
- Hamdi, E.S., 1994,Design of Small Electrical Machine, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.Google Scholar
- Jeong, W. B., Kim, J. H., Ahn, S. J. and Hwang, S. W., 2002, “Transient Vibration Analysis of a Rotary Compressor Considering the Coupled Effect of Motor,”KSNVE, Vol. 12, No. 11, pp. 847–855.Google Scholar
- Paresh C. Sen, 1997,Principles of Electric Machines and Power Electronics, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.Google Scholar
- Terrance, A. Lettemmaier, Donald, W. Novotny and Tomas, A. Lipo, 1991, “Single-Phase Induction Motor with an Electrically Controlled Capacitor,”IEEE, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 38–43.Google Scholar
- William, R. Finley, 2000, “An Analytic Approach to Solving Motor Vibration Problems,”IEEE, Vol. 36, No. 5, pp. 1467–1480.Google Scholar
- Williams, Stephen and A.C. Smith, 1999, “A Unified Approach to the Analysis of Single-Phase Induction Motor,”IEEE, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 837–843.Google Scholar
- Yang, B. S. and Son, B. G. 1998, “Stability Analysis of Induction Motor Rotor by Unbalanced Electromagnetic Force,”KSNVE, Vol. 8, No. 6, pp. 1086–1092.Google Scholar
- Yang, J. Y., Kim, J. R., Shin, D. S., Lee, D. J. and Lee, D. H., 2001, “Resonance Noise Control in the Case of Using BLDC Fan Motor,”KSNVE Autumn Conference, pp. 512–516.Google Scholar
- Yoon, S. B. and Hong, J. P., 1996, “Construction of Equivalent Circuit and Characteristic Analysis of Permanent Split Condenser Induction Motor,”KIEE, Vol. 45, No. 9, pp. 1247–1254.Google Scholar