Shift of quasi-stationary flow features during active and break monsoons
- 18 Downloads
During our search for dynamical differences in monsoon flows between the active and break phases of the monsoon, we noticed some interesting differences which may have some dynamical significance and do not appear to have been highlighted so far. There appear to be shifts of quasi-stationary flow features both in the lower and upper tropospheres.
KeywordsActive and break monsoons east-west shift of quasi-stationery features monsoon cyclogenesis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Alexander G, Keshavamurty R N, De U S, Chellappa R, Das S K and Pillai P V 1977Proc. Int. Symp. Monsoons 1978 India, New DelhiJ. Meteorol. Hydrol. Geophys. 29 76Google Scholar
- Joseph P V 1978Vikram Sarabhai Lecture (Ahmedabad: Physical Research Laboratory)Google Scholar
- Keshavamurty R N, Asnani G C, Pillai P V and Das S K 1978Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. (Earth Planet Sci.) 87 81Google Scholar
- Ramamurthy K 1969Forecasting Manual Unit Indian Meteorological Department Rep.4 18Google Scholar
- Ramamurthy K M, Keshavamurty R N and Jambunathan R 1965Proc. Symp. Meteorol. Results (Bombay: IIOE)Google Scholar