Automated instructional development using personal computers: Research issues
- 22 Downloads
This article discusses the design of systems for automating instructional development. A prototype automated Instructional Systems Design (ISD) system called theCourseware R Instructional Toolkit™ is described. The purpose of this system was to explore the extent to which ISD could be automated and the research issues associated with such automation. The major research issues identified were: (a) what aspects of ISD can be automated, (b) transfer of information between ISD tasks, (c) effects on ISD processes and outcomes and (d) implications of automated systems for the skills of instructional developers.
KeywordsInstructional Development Authoring System Instructional Developer Task Validation Lesson Specification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brecke, F., & Blaiwes, A. (1981). CASDAT: An innovative approach to more efficient ISD.Journal of Educational Technology Systems, 10(3), 271–283.Google Scholar
- Kearsley, G. (1984). Authoring tools: An overview.Journal of Computer-Based Instruction, 11(3), 67.Google Scholar
- Kearsley, G., Hunter, B., & Seidel, R.J. (1983). Two decades of CBI research: What have we learned?T.H.E. Journal, 11(6 & 7).Google Scholar
- Kearsley, G., & Seidel, R.J. (1985). Automation in training and education.Human Factors, 27(1), 61–74.Google Scholar
- Kincaid, J.P., Braby, R.S., & Wulfeck, W.H. (1983). Computer aids for editing test questions.Educational Technology, 23, 29–33.Google Scholar
- Logan, R.S. (1981).Instructional Systems Design. New York: Academic Press.Google Scholar
- Merrill, M.D., & Wood, L.E. (1984). Computer guided instructional design.Journal of Computer-Based Instruction, 11(2), 60–63.Google Scholar
- Montague, W.E., Wulfeck, W.H., & Ellis, J.A. (1983). Quality CBI depends upon quality instructional design and quality implementation.Journal of Computer-Based Instruction, 10(3&4), 90–93.Google Scholar
- O’Neal, A.F., & O’Neal, H.L. (1979). Author management systems. In H.F. O’Neil (Ed.),Issues in Instructional Systems Design. New York: Academic Press.Google Scholar
- O’Neil, H.F. (1979)Procedures for Instructional Systems Design. New York: Academic Press.Google Scholar