Influence of polymer addition on performance and mechanical properties of lightweight aggregate concrete
The influence of polymer addition on microstructure, performance and mechanical properties of lightweight aggregate concrete was investigated. It was found that the addition of polymer improved the performance and mechanical properties of lightweight aggregate concrete. It was ascertained that the modification of microstructural uniformity and densification with the addition of polymer is responsible for the enhancement of mechanical properties. With respect to compressive strength and bending strength, the lightweight aggregate concrete added with 13% ethylene-acetate ethylene interpolymer (EVA) exhibits preferred mechanical properties.
Key wordslightweight aggregate concrete polymer microstructure mechanical properties
CLC numberTU 528.2
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Feng Nai-qian, Xing Feng.Technology of High Performance Cement. Bejing: Atomic Energy Press, 2000 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Jiang Jia-qi, Chao Yong-kang. Prospect of Science and Technology of Coment in the Twenty-first Century.China Concrete and Cement Products. 2000, (1):6–7 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Dai Jian-feng, Liu Xiao-hong, Gong Jun,et al. Chang-feng. Preparation of Polymer Cement Concrete.Journal of Gansu University of Technology, 2001,27(2):85–88 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Shen Ai-qin, Li Zhou-long, Wang Xiao-ming. Microcosmic Structure of Modified Cement Concrete with Polymer Latex.Concrete, 2001, (3):40–42 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Xiao Li-guang, Zhou Jian-cheng. Formation Mechanism and Properties of Polymer Cement Concrete Composite.Journal of Jilin Architectural and Civil Engineering Institute, 2001, (3):33–41 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Carlos V, Mauricio L. Mixture Proportioning Methodology for Structural Sand-Light weight Concrete.ACI Materials Journal, 2000,97(3):281–289.Google Scholar
- Mitsui K, Li Z J, Lange D A,et al. Relationship between Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of the Paste-aggregate Interface.ACI Materials Journal, 1994,91(1):30–39.Google Scholar
- Balaguru P, Dipsia M G. Properties of Fiber Reinforced High-strength Semilightweight Concrete.ACI Materials Journal, 1993,90(5):399–403.Google Scholar
- Soroushian P, Nagi M, Hsu J W. Optimization of the Use of Lightweight Aggregates in Carbon Fiber Reinforced Cement,ACI Materials Journal, 1992,89(3):267–276.Google Scholar