Immediate toxic effects of methyl iso cyanate on human ear, nose and throat
Methyl Iso Cyanate (MIC) is one of the most toxic chemicals known to man. In December 1984, a large amount of this lethal gas leaked from the Union Carbide Factory situated in Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh, India). There were many casualties and, damage to the vital organs of the body. To date, there has been no study in the field of Otolaryngology till now. This paper presents three cases, where ear nose and throat affliction was detected in the inmediate period (4S h) of exposure to MIC. Most of the effects were temporary and involved a cranial nerve. There was a complete recovery without any surgical intervention.