The synthesis of 12-ketostearic acid
- 30 Downloads
A synthesis of 12-ketostearic acid in 78% yield from castor oil by methanolysis to methyl ricinoleate, reduction to methyl-12-hydroxystearate, oxidation to methyl-12-ketostearate, followed by saponification has been described in detail.
KeywordsPotato Chip Propyl Gallate Butylate Hydroxyanisole Ricinoleate Sebacic Acid
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.Perotte, Compt. rend.,199, 358 (1934).Google Scholar
- 1a.Kaufmann and Bornhardt, Fette u. Seifen,46, 444 (1939).Google Scholar
- 2.Org. Syntheses, Coll. Vol.1, 463 (1941).Google Scholar
- 3.Ibid., Org. Syntheses, Coll. Vol.1, 66 (1941).Google Scholar
- 5.Kraft, Ber.,21, 2736 (1891).Google Scholar
- 6.Belopolski and Maksimov, Maslobino Zhirovoe Delo,13, No. 2, 13 (1937); O. A.31, 7397 (1937); Hanford, Schreiber and Gray, U. S. Patent 2,340,745, Feb. 1, 1944; C. A.38, 4271 (1944).Google Scholar
- 7.Perotte, Compt. rend.,200, 746 (1935).Google Scholar
© The American Oil Chemists’ Society 1949