Cytokinin biosynthesis in plant tumour tissues
A range of endogenous cytokinins have been identified inDatura crown-gall tissue by GC-MS. Incorporation of [3H]adenine into zeatin riboside, zeatin and its nucleotide(s) is also shown. Metabolism studies usingcis- andtrans-isomers of zeatin riboside indicate that interconversion of the two isomers does not occur in this tissue. Data on the identity of major endogenous cytokinins in a genetic tumour line of tobacco is also provided.
KeywordsHigh Performance Liquid Chromatography Zeatin Endogenous Cytokinin Zeatin Riboside TMSi
zeatin (their corrosponding 9-B-D-ribosides are IPA and ZR, respectively). O-glucopyranosyl derivatives and dihydro forms are abbreviated with OG and D prefixes; 7- and 9-B-D-glucopyranosyl forms are shown 7G and 9G suffixes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bayer, M. H.: Genetic tumours: Physiological aspects of tumour formation in interspecific hybrids. - In:Kahl, G., Schell, J. (ed.): Molecular Biology of Plant Tumours. Pp. 33–67. Academic Press, New York 1982.Google Scholar
- Gordon, M. P.: Tumor formation in plants. - In:Marcus, A. (ed.): The Biochemistry of Plants, Vol. 6 (Proteins and Nucleic Acids). Pp. 531–570. Academic Press, New York 1981.Google Scholar
- Hocart, C. H., Tay, S. A. B., Wong, C., Letham, D. S., MacLeod, J. K. (in preparation) 1985.Google Scholar
- Horgan, R., Palni, L. M. S., Scott, I., McGaw, B.: Cytokinin biosynthesis and metabolism inVinca rosea crown-gall tissue. - In:Guern, J., Péaud-Lenoël, C. (ed.): Metabolism and Molecular Activities of Cytokinins. Pp. 56–65. Springer-Verlag, Berlin-Heidelberg-New York 1981.Google Scholar
- Miller, C. O.: Naturally occurring cytokinins. - In:Wightman, F., Setterfield, G. (ed.): Biochemistry and Physiology of Plant Growth Substances. Pp. 33–45. Runge Press, Ottawa 1968.Google Scholar
- Morris, R. O., Akiyoshi, D. E., MacDonald, E. M. S., Morris, J. W., Reiger, D. A., Zaerr, J. B.: Cytokinin metabolism in relation to tumour induction byAgrobacterium tumefaciens. In:Wareing, P. F. (ed.) Plant Growth Substances 1982. Pp. 175–183. Academic Press, New York 1982.Google Scholar
- Smith, H. H.: The genus as a genetic resource. - In:Durbin, R. D. (ed.):Nicotiana- Procedures for Experimental Use. USDA Tech. Bull. No. 1586. Pp. 1–16. Wisconsin 1979.Google Scholar
- Summons, R. E., Entsch, B., Letham, D. S., Gollnow, B. I., MacLeod, J. K.: Regulators of cell division in plant tissues. XXVII. Metabolites of zcatin in sweet-corn kernels: purifications and identifications using high-performance liquid chromatography and chemical-ionization mass spectrometry. - Planta147: 422–434, 1980.CrossRefGoogle Scholar