Applications of the pack & unpack technique in vector computation
- 13 Downloads
This article describes the pack & unpack performance of the vector using YH-1 supercomputer as its platform, with its emphasis on the pack & unpack technique's unique application to vector computation, in the light of vector computer's characteristics and some practical cases. The practical numerical experiment proves that the pack & unpack techniques is a key method to the depth parallel development and vectorization research of large scale scientific computation project, and which is a highly effective method to vectorizing application programs.
Key Wordsparallel algorithm pack & unpack technique vector logical ruler vector program design vector computation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Huang Qingnan, Zhang Jinlin, Yang Shulin, Vectorizing Computation of Some Kind of Branching Functions, Numerical Computation & Computer Application, NO. 4, PP. 280–286, Dec., 1993.Google Scholar
- Huang Qingnan, Sum-up Report of Consultation on the Vector Logical Pack & Unpack and Merging Technique, Restricted Material of Southwest Computing Center, Dec., 1993.Google Scholar
- Huang Qingnan, Zhang Jinlin, YangShulin, Improvement and Development to the vectorizing computation of branch Functions, Numerical Computation & Computer Application, NO. 2, 1995.Google Scholar
- Li Zhaosheng, Program Design on Vector FORTRAN of YH Machine, Restricted Materials of the Computer Research Institution, University of National Defence Science & Technology, sept., 1984.Google Scholar
- YHFT Operation Handbook of YH Machine, Restricted Materials of the Computer Research Institution, University of National Defence Science & Technology, sept., 1983.Google Scholar