Preparation of zymosan from yeast cell walls
- 180 Downloads
Cell walls of the yeastSaccharomyces cerevisiae after disintegration and protoplasm removal by centrifugation and repeated washing were suspended in 0.5m Na2HPO4, pH 7.8–8.0, as a 5% or 10% suspension, depending on the mode of heating. The suspension was boiled for 3h, purified by repeated washing with water and ethanol and dried. The yield was approximately 1.8% of the starting amount of pressed commercial baker’s yeast.
KeywordsGlucan Yeast Cell Wall Glucomannan Murine Mammary Tumor Murine Mammary Carcinoma
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Balitskii K.P., Veksler I.G.: Increase in the antitumor effect of alkylating agents with the help of action on the protective reactions of the connective tissue system. (In Russian).Tr. Kaz. Nauch. Issled. Inst. Onkol. Radiol. 3, 291 (1967);Chem. Abstr. 68, 103 774 p (1968).Google Scholar
- Beran K., Řeháček J., Ott J., Bičík V., Kašpar J.: Production of biologically active compounds by extraction.Czech. Pat.,130 926 (1968).Google Scholar
- Diller J.C., Mankowski Z.T.: Response of sarkoma 37 and normal cells of the mouse host to zymosan and hydroglucan.Acta Unio. Intern. Contra Cancrum 16, 584 (1960).Google Scholar
- Fencl Z., Machek F., Šilinger V.: Method of the preparation of native microbial protein with a low content of nucleic acid, applicable as food or fodder.US Pat. 4 007 088 (1977).Google Scholar
- Holan Z., Beran K., Miler I.: Zymosan preparation from the waste after the production of yeast proteins.Czech. Pat. 185 063 (1978).Google Scholar
- Latii N.P., Konstantinov V.V.: Effect of zymosan on the state of nonspecific immunological reactivity of the body during surgical radiation treatment of malignant neoplasms in an experiment.Onkologia (Kiev)1, 85 (1970).Google Scholar
- Veksler I.G.: Effect of zymosan and prodigiosan on the growth and metastasis of experimental tumors.Chem. Abstr. 81, 1148ly (1974).Google Scholar
- Yamabayshi H.: Zymosan like substance extracted fromCandida albicans.Med. J. Osaka Univ. 9, 11 (1958).Google Scholar