Shoot production fromin vitro cultured flower heads ofAllium porrum L
- 57 Downloads
Shoots have been produced in the explants from flower head receptacles cultured on BDS medium with BAP and/or NAA. The shoots produced could be regenerated to form the whole plants and transplanted into soil. No morphological or cytological variations were observed in mature plants. The histological analysis of adventive bud formation is presented. The importance of this method for clonal propagation ofAllium porrum plants is discussed.
KeywordsTracheal Element Flower Head Flower Primordia Inaugural Address Meristemic Centre
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Andrew, W. T.: Vegetative reproduction of onions by the headset method. - Proc. amer. Soc. hort. Sci.58: 208–212, 1951.Google Scholar
- Němec, B.: Botanická mikrotechnika. [Botanical Microtechnique] - Nakl. ČSAV, Praha 1962.Google Scholar
- Schweinsguth, B.: Note sur la multiplication végétative du poireau. - Ann. Amélior. Plantes22: 127–131, 1972.Google Scholar
- Stearn, W. T.: European species ofAllium and allied genera ofAlliaceae. - Ann. Musei Gonlandris4: 83–198, 1978.Google Scholar
- Thomas, T. H.: Stimulation of onion bulblet production by N6-Benzyladenin. - Hort. Res.12: 77–79, 1972.Google Scholar