Hormonal autonomy ofArabidopsis thaliana calli
- 23 Downloads
The growth ofArabidopsis thaliana calli on media without growth regulators was studied Calli under study showed autonomy for cytokmms independently whether cultivated on the light or m the dark When cultivated in intense light, they were able to grow, either transiently or permanently, on the medium without any growth regulators In the dark, they were strictly dependent on 2,4 D m the medium Both the intensity of growth and the duration of the transient growth on the medium without growth regulators m the light decreased with the duration of the previous cultivation on the medium with growth regulators The intensity of growth on the medium without grow th regulators was best and the growth was permanent m the callus clone of spontaneous origin which was never treated by growth regulators The degree of chromosomal variability (assessed as the number of chromocentres) m this callus line was lower than that in calli induced on media with growth regulators and then transferred onto medium without growth regulatois.
KeywordsGrowth Regulator Growth Intensity Crown Gall Callus Line Crown Gall Tumor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bayer, M. H.: Genetic tumors: physiological aspects of tumor formation in interspecific hybrids. - In:Kahl, G., Schell, J. (ed.): Molecular Biology of Plant Tumors. Pp. 33–66. Academic Press, New York-London-Toronto-Sydney-San Francisco 1982.Google Scholar
- Novak, F. J.: Chromosomal characteristics of long-term callus cultures ofAllium sativum L. - Cytobios49: 371–379, 1981.Google Scholar
- Pavingerová, D., Ondřej, M., Matoušek, J.: Analysis of progeny ofArabidopsis thaliana plants regenerated from crown gall tumors. - Z. Pflanzenphysiol. (In press) 1984.Google Scholar
- Sheridan, W. F.: Long-term lilly callus cultures. - In:Ledoux, L. (ed.): Genetic Manipulation with Plant Material. Pp. 263–295. Plenum Press, New York-London 1974.Google Scholar
- Weber, E.: Grundriss der biologischen Statistik. - VEB Gustav Fischer. Jena 1964.Google Scholar
- White, H. P., Braun, A. C.: A cancerous neoplasm in plants. Autonomous bacteria-free crown gall tissues. -Canc. Res.2: 597–617, 1942.Google Scholar