Isobaric degrees of freedom in nuclei as determined from nonrelativistic quark model
- 21 Downloads
Isobaric degrees of freedom δδ in nuclei are determined from the quark cluster model of a nucleus. These additional degrees of freedom are brought in by the coloured quark exchange between different nucleon clusters present in nuclei. They are found to be important in the region of momentum transfer near 3.5 fm−1. The mass dependence of these isobaric degrees of freedom in nuclei turns out to beA 5/6.
KeywordsQuark model nuclear quark cluster model closed shell nuclei baryon spectra
PACS No.12.35 12.40 21.65
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dalitz R H 1977Topics in quantum field theory and gauge theories, Proc. Salamanca (ed.) J. A. de Azcarraga (Springer Verlag)Google Scholar
- Goodman C 1984Proc. Erice Schools on Nucleon and Particle Phys. 11 (ed.) D. Wilkinson (Oxford: Pergamon)Google Scholar
- Shanker R and Warke C S 1980bHadronic J. 3 1108Google Scholar
- Smirnov Yu F and Tchuvilsky Yu M 1978J. Phys. G. Nucl. Phys. 4 L1Google Scholar
- Thomas A W 1984 University of Adelaide Preprint ADP 300Google Scholar
- Warke C S and Shanker R 1980Phys. Rev. C21 2463.Google Scholar
- Warke C S and Shanker R and Greiner W. 1981J. Phys. G7 L1Google Scholar