Sucrose synthesis in callus cultures
- 32 Downloads
Occurrence and operation of sucrose synthetic system in randomly selected callus cultures such as persimmon, soybean and poplar cultures were examined by14C-tracer analysis and determining enzyme activities involved in sucrose metabolism. All the enzymes examined were present and14C-glueose was transformed into14C-sucrose in every callus. Sucrose synthetic capacity appears to be widely distributed in cultured plant tissues.
KeywordsCallus Culture Callus Cell Sucrose Metabolism Sucrose Phosphate Sucrose Synthesis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Goris, A.: Transformations glucidiques intratissulaires. — Anné. Biol.30: 297–318, 1954.Google Scholar
- Hisajima, S.: The conversion of external sugars to internal sucrose in morning-glory callus. — Radioisotopes24: 403–409, 1975.Google Scholar
- Hisajima, S.: Changes in sugar contents and some enzyme activities during the growth of Japanese morning-glory callus. — J. jap. Soc. Starch Sci.25: 223–228, 1978.Google Scholar
- Hisajima, S.: Studies on the sucrose metabolism in callus cells of Japanese morning-glory. — Memoirs Tokyo Univ. Agr.21: 1–55, 1979.Google Scholar
- Hisajima, S., Arai, Y.: Cell wall-bound invertase of morning-glory callus. — J. jap. Soc. Starch Sci.25: 164–170, 1978.Google Scholar
- Hisajima, S., Hasegawa, T., Ito, T., Suzuki, T.: Partial purification and properties of sucrose phosphate synthase from morning-glory callus cells. — J. jap. Soc. Starch Sci.27: 167–172, 1980.Google Scholar
- Maretzki, A., Thom, M., Nickell, L. G.: Utilization and metabolism of carbohydrates in cell and tissue culture. — In:Street, H. E. (ed.): Tissue Culture and Plant Science. Pp. 329–361. Academic Press, New York 1974.Google Scholar
- Thorpe, T. A.: Carbohydrate utilization and metabolism. — In:Bonga, J. M., Durzan, D. J. (ed.): Tissue Culture in Forestry. Pp. 325–368. Martinus Nijhoff/Dr. W. Junk, The Hague 1982.Google Scholar