On the minimum of harmonic functions
- 46 Downloads
Letu be a function harmonic in the unit disc or in the plane, and letu(z)≤M(|z|) for a majorantM. We formulate conditions onM that guarantee thatu(z)≥−(1+o(1))M(|z|) for |z|→1 in the disc and for |z|→∞ in the plane.
KeywordsHarmonic Function Unit Disc Bergman Space Harmonic Measure Extremal Length
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- A. Borichev, H. Hedenmalm and A. Volberg,Large Bergman spaces: invertibility, cyclicity, and subspaces of arbitrary index, preprint, 2000.Google Scholar
- M. L. Cartwright,On analytic functions regular in the unit circle, I, Quart. J. Math. Oxford4 (1933), 246–256.Google Scholar
- N. V. Govorov,Riemann's Boundary Problem with Infinite Index, Nauka, Moscow, 1986; English transl.: Birkhäuser Verlag, Basel, 1994.Google Scholar
- V. I. Macaev and E. Z. Mogulskiî,A division theorem for analytic functions with a given majorant and some applications, Zap. Nauchn. Sem. LOMI56 (1976), 73–89; English transl.: J. Soviet Math.14 (1980), 1078–1091.Google Scholar
- N. K. Nikolskiî,Selected problems of weighted approximation and spectral analysis, Trudy MIAN120 (1974); English transl.: Proc. Steklov Inst. Math.120 (1974), Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 1976, 276 pp.Google Scholar
© Hebrew University of Jerusalem 2003