On the dynamics of population changes of plasma cells during antibody formation
- 22 Downloads
The dynamics of changes of the types of all plasma cells and of the antibody-synthesizing cells against the given antigen were studied on regionary lymph nodes of rabbits immunized twice with diphtheria toxoid (staining of sections of the nodes with methyl-green-pyronine and the indirect method of Coons for antibodies). On the basis of comparison of the ratio of young plasma cells to mature plasma cells characteristics of the course of differentiation of plasma cells synthesizing and not synthesizing antibodies were evaluated. It was shown that differentiation of plasma cells does not proceed in the same way in the secondary and primary antibody formation. In the last case, differentiation of antibody-synthesizing cells proceeds differently from cells not synthesizing antibodies. Data obtained on differences in histogenesis of plasma cells are discussed.
KeywordsPlasma Cell Lymphoid Tissue Diphtheria Antibody Formation Secondary Response
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gurvich, G. A., Shumakova, G. V.:Plasmocytic reactions and immunological rules. I. Communication. Bull. exp. Biol. & Med. No. 10, p. 34, 1957.Google Scholar
- Gurvich, G. A., Shumakova, G. V.:Plasmocytic reactions and immunological rules. II. Communication. Bull. exp. Biol. & Med. No. 11, p. 66, 1958.Google Scholar
- Lebedev, K. A.:Studies of the morphology of antibody formation in normal and irradiated animals (In Russian). C. Sc. Thesis, Moscow, 1965a.Google Scholar
- Lebedev, K. A.:Primary immunological response. Studies of the dynamics of the appearance and morphology of antibody containing cells by means of the indirect Coons method. Arch. Pathol. No. 2, p. 60, 1965b.Google Scholar
- Lebedev, K. A.:Secondary immunological response. Studies of the dynamics of the occurrence and morphology of antibody containing cells by means of the indirect Coons method. Arch. Pathol. No. 5, p. 30, 1965c.Google Scholar