Molecular verification of the integration ofTripsacum dactyloides DNA into wheat genome through wide hybridization
- 25 Downloads
RAPD and RFLP analyses of double haploid lines which derived from hybridization between hexaploid wheat (Triticum aestivum L. 2n=42) and eastern gamagrass (Tripsacum dactyloides L.2n=4x=72) are reported. Two of the 340 Operon primers have been screened, which stably amplifiedTripsacum dactyloides (male parent) specific bands in the double haploid lines. These results confirm the fact thatTripsacum dactyloides DNA has been integrated into wheat genome by sexual hybridization at molecular level. This idea has been further testified by RFLP analysis. Application and potentials of transferringTripsacum dactyloides DNA into wheat genome by sexual hybridization in wheat breeding are discussed.
Keywordsbread wheat Tripsacum dactyloides wide hybridization RAPD RFLP
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Laurie, D. A., Bennett, M. D., Wheat × maize hybridization, Can. J. Genet. Cytol., 1986, 28: 313.Google Scholar
- 5.Ushiyama, T., Shimizu, T., Kuwabara, T., High frequency of haploid production of wheat through intergeneric cross with teosinte, Japan J. Breeding, 1991, 41: 353.Google Scholar
- 6.Riera-Lizarazu, O., Mujeeb-Kazi, A., Polyhaploid production in the Triticeae: wheat ×Tripsacum crosses. Crop Sci., 1993, 33: 973.Google Scholar
- 8.Kindiger, B., Dewald, C. L., The reproductive versatility of eastern gamagrass, Crop Sci., 1997, 37: 1351.Google Scholar
- 9.Li, D.W., Qiu, J. W., Ouyang, P. et al., A new high-potent pollen donor in wheat intergeneric crosses-Tripsacum dactyloides, Acta Botanica Sinica (in Chinese), 1994, 36(suppl.): 155.Google Scholar
- 10.Ouyang, P., Li, D. W., Qiu, J. W., Wheat haploid and hybrid plants obtained from intergeneric crosses of wheat withTripsacum dactyloides, Chinese Science Bulletin, 1996, 41(17): 1616.Google Scholar
- 11.Xie, W. W., Wang, B., Lei, B. J. et al., Introduction of exogenous wild soybean DNA into cultivated soybean and RAPD molecular verification, Science in China, Ser. B, 1995, 38(1):1195.Google Scholar
- 12.Lei, B. J., Lu, C. H., Qian, H. et al., Early maturing lines obtained through foreign total DNA introduction in soybean, Acta Agronomica Sinica (in Chinese), 1996, 22(2): 173.Google Scholar
- 13.Li, D. W., Ouyang, P., Yao, Q. X. et al., Wide hybridization betweenTriticum aestivum andTripsacum dactyloides II. Immature embryo culture, Acta Genetica Sinica, 21(6): 474.Google Scholar
- 15.Li, S. T., Zhang, Z. T., Wang, B. et al., Tagging the Pm4a gene in NILs by RAPD analysis, Acta Genetica Sinica, 1995, 22(2): 103.Google Scholar
- 16.Xie, W. W., Kang, C. H., Wang, J. Z., Molecular characterization of a new type of cytoplasmic male sterile sugar beet. Science in China, Ser. C, 1996, 39(1): 54.Google Scholar