Effect of Yiqitongyanghuatan recipe on experimental atherosclerosis in rabbits
- 15 Downloads
In order to investigate the roles of Yiqitongyanghuatan (YQTYHT) recipe in reducing the levels of serum cholesterol and plasma lipid peroxidation (LPO), platelet aggregation function (PAgF) and platelet adhesion function (PAdF), the area of atherosclerotic plague coverage in aorta and the thickness of plague, 32 male Japanese white rabbits were divided into 4 groups. The results showed that the YQTYHT recipe could significantly lower the levels of serum cholesterol and tryglyceride, plasma LPO, and PAgF and PadF. The area of atherosclerotic plague coverage in aorta and the thickness of plague in the YQTYHT-fed rabbits were decreased as compared with that in the high-cholesterol-fed rabbits. The above roles might contribute to the main mechanism of YQTYHT against atherosclerosis.
Key wordsYiqitongyanghuatan recipe atherosclerosis hyperlipidemia lipid peroxidation platelet aggregation functions platelet adhesion function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.1984. 102–103Google Scholar
- 2.1994.546–550Google Scholar
- 3.1996.94–96Google Scholar
- 4.1995.30–31Google Scholar
- 5.1995,15(8):480Google Scholar
- 8.Nilsson J. Growth factors and the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. 1986, 62:185Google Scholar
- 9.Steinberg D, Parthasarathy S, Garew T Eet al. Beyond cholesterol modifications of LDL that increase its atherogenicity. N Engl J Med, 1989, 302:915Google Scholar