Effect of Xiaokuiling prescription on the expression of HSP72, HSP B in gastric mucosa of patients with helicobacter pylori-associated duodenal ulcer
- 23 Downloads
In order to investigate the mechanism of Xiaokuiling prescription (XKL) in the treatment of Helicobacter pylori (HP)-associated duodenal ulcer (DU) and the pathophysiologic role of heat shock proteins (HSPs) in the healing of ulcer, the expression of HSP72 and HSP B in gastric mucosa was detected by using SABC immunohistochemistry method and processed by micro-image analysis system. The method of Western blotting was used to measure the contents of HSP72 and HSP B in the tissue emulsion of gastric mucosa. The results were as follows: (1) HSP72 expression of the gastric mucosa in the treated group was obviously increased as compared with that in the control group (P<0. 05); (2) HSP B expression of the gastric mucosa in the treated group was significantly decreased as compared with that in the control group (P<0. 01). It was suggested that the increased expression of HSP72 and the elimination of HP might be related to the mechanism of action of XKL. HSPs might play an pathological and physiological role in the process of healing of gastric ulcer.
Key wordsduodenal ulcer helicobacter pylori heat shock proteins immunohistochemistry Western blotting
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Wu T C, Tongway R M, Wu Yet al. Presence of antibodies to heat stress proteins and its possible significiance in cookers exposed to high temperature and carbon monoxide. Biomedical and environmental. Science, 1996, 9:370Google Scholar
- 5.1985,38(4):441Google Scholar
- 8.1999,7(3):133Google Scholar
- 9.1997,302–894Google Scholar
- 10.1994,14(9):534Google Scholar
- 11.1993,8(5):25Google Scholar