Diatom-based reconstruction of Holocene environmental changes in Angren Lake, Southern Tibet
- 34 Downloads
Based on the diatom analysis the climatic sequence between 11 000 and 6 000 aBP in Angren, southern Tibet is established, i.e. cold period (11 095-9 970 aBP)→ temperate period (9 970-9 870 aBP) → Anathermal (9 870-9 770 aBP)→ cool-dry period (9 770-8 740 aBP) → super-megathermal (8 740-8 590 aBP)→ Megathermal (8 590-5 970 aBP). And the opinion that the reaction of diatom to temperature change is more sensitive than to other ecological factors has been pointed out and certified.
Keywordsdiatoms Tibet Holocene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Li Shengfeng,Fossil Diatom Communities and Evolution of Palaeolake and Palaeoclimate Since 11 000 aBP inSouthern Qinghai-Xizang (Tibet) (in Chineee), Nanjing University, 1996, 159: 84.Google Scholar
- 4.Wang Peifang, Xia Yumei, Wang Manhua, The study on the spore pollen groups and the evolution of the natural environment of south Xizang Plateau in the peat of the Holocene,Scientia Geographica Sinica (in Chinese), 1981, 1(2): 144.Google Scholar
- 5.Sun Xiangjun, Du Naiqiu, Chen Yinshuoet al., Holocene Polynological Records in Lake Selincuo, northern Xizang,Acta Botanica Sinica (in Chinese), 1993, 35(12): 943.Google Scholar
- 6.Li Wenyi, Li Jiaying, Liang Yulian, Analysis of pollen and diatoms from diatomaceous earth of Mandongcuo, Xiznng (Tit), inIntegrated Scientific Expedition of Qinghai Xizang Plateau, Chinese Academy of Sciences (ISEQP, CAS), Quaternary Gelogy in Xizang (in Chinese), Beijing: Science Press, 1983, 172–178.Google Scholar
- 7.Kong Zhaochen, Du Naiqiu, Shan Fashouet al., Vegetational and climatic changes in the last 11 000 years in Qinghai Lake-numerical analysis based on palynology in Core QH85-14C,Marine Geology & Quaternary Geology (in Chinese), 1990. 10(3): 79.Google Scholar
- 8.Du Naiqiu, Kong Zhaochen, Shan Fashou, A preliminary investigation on the vegetational and climatic changes since 11 000 years in Qinghai Lake An analysis based on palynology in core QH85-14C,Acta Botanica Sinica (in Chinese), 1989, 31 (10): 803.Google Scholar
- 9.Yao Tandong, Shi Yafeng. Thompson, L.G.et al., Climatic changes of Holocene reflected in the ice core from Dunde, Qilian Mountain, inClimate and Environments During Holocene Megathermal in China (in Chinese), Beijing: Ocean Press, 1992, 206–211.Google Scholar
- 11.Sun Ruyong, Li Bo, Zhu Geyanget al., General Ecology (in Chinese), Beijing: High Education Press, 1993, 92.Google Scholar
- 12.Xia Yijing,Global Change and Ecosystem (in Chinese) (A. Living Science Department of National Natural Science Foundation Committee of China and Shanghai information Center of Academica Sinica), Shanghai: Shanghaij. Science & Technology Press, 1994, 54–57.Google Scholar
- 13.Eppley, R.W.,The Biology of Diatoms, Oxford: Blackwell Scientific Publications, 19n. 24–64.Google Scholar