Crystallization and preliminary crystallographic analyses of human insulin mutant B9(Ser→Asp) in different aggregation forms
- 46 Downloads
B9(Ser→Asp) insulin, one of the fast-acting insulin mutants produced by protein engineering, has been crystallized. Three crystal forms have been obtained, which belong to orthorhombic, tetragonal and rhombohedral system, respectively. Each crystal form contains different aggregation units of the mutant, i.e. dimer or hexamer. The diffraction data of the former two have been collected beyond 0.2 nm resolution. The structural analyses and comparisons will provide some information about insulin ’ s self-association and the structural basis of the fast absorption produced from the mutation.
Keywordsinsulin mutant B9Asp insulin crystallization crystallographic parameter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Xu, W. Q., Zeng, Z. H., Lei, K. J.et al., The molecular design and production of a prolonged insulin mutant,Chinese Journrd of Biotechnology (in Chinese), 1994, 10(2): 142.Google Scholar
- 3.Markussen, J., Hougaard, P., Ribel, U.et al., Soluble, prolonged-acting insulin derivatives. I. Degree of protraction and crystallizability of insulins substituted in the termini of the B-chain,Protein Engineering, 1987, l(3): 205.Google Scholar
- 6.Liu, B., Liang, Z. H., Tang, Y. H.et al., Protein engineerering of insulin: [B9Glu] human insulin,Acta Biochimica et Biophysica Sinica (in Chinese), 1996, 28(3): 245.Google Scholar
- 11.McRee, D.E.,Practical Protein Crystallography, San Diego: Academic Press, 1993, 11.Google Scholar
- 12.Thaller, C., Weaver, L. H., Eichele, G.et al., Repeated seeding technique for growing large single crystals of proteins,I. Mol. Bwl., 1981, 147: 465.Google Scholar
- 13.Anne Marie M. Jørgensen, Køren M. Kristensen. Jens J. Ledet al., A study of the B9(Asp) mutant of hurnan insulin using nurlear magnetic resonance, distance geometry and restrained nolecular dynamics,J. Mol. Biol., 1992, 227: 1147.Google Scholar