Synthesis and energy transfer of model conjugate of phycobilisome rods
The conjugate of R-phycoerythrin (R-PE) and C-phycocyanin (C-PC) was synthesized through a heterobifunctional coupling reagent, N-succinimidyl 3-(2-pyridyldithio) propionate. The molar ratio of R-PE to C-PC was determined by absorption spectra, and the result was 2:1. The energy transfer phenomena were observed from steady-state fluorescence spectra. The calculated result showed that the energy transfer efficiency from R-PE to C-PC was 88%. The energy transfer kinetics was determined by picosecond time-resolved fluorescence spectra. The time constant of energy transfer from R-PE to C-PC was 80 ps, which was much longer than that in the rod of native phycobilisomes.
KeywordsR-phycoerythrin C-phycoeyanin rod model of phycobilisomes energy transfer time-resolved fluorescence spectra
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Glazer, A. N., Lundell, D. J., Yamanaka, G.et al., The structure of a simple phycobilisome,Annu. Microbial., 1983, 134B: 159.Google Scholar
- 10.Jiang Lijin, Ma Jinshi, He Huizhuet al., Some properties of R-phycoerythrin,Oceanologia et Limnologia Sinica (in Chinese), 1983, 14: 315.Google Scholar
- 13.Yu Linghua, Zeng Fanjie, Jiang Lijinet al., Subunit composition and chromophore content of R-phycoerythrin fromPolysiphonia urceolata, Acta Biochimica et Biophysica Sinica, 1990, 22: 221.Google Scholar
- 14.MacColl, R., Guard-Friar, D.,Phycobiliproteins, Boca Raton: CRC Press, 1987, 64–67.Google Scholar
- 15.Zhao Jiquan, Zhao Jingquan, Yang Zixuanet al., The synthesis of phycobiliprotein cnjugates and their intramolecular energy transfer,Progress in Biochemistry and Biophysics (in Chinese), 1997, 24: 435.Google Scholar