Sea water intrusion and salt water intrusion in the coastal area of Laizhou Bay
- 73 Downloads
The characteristics, pattern, hydrodynamic and hydrochemical features, and the movement pattern of the salt waterfresh water interface of the sea water intrusion and the salt water intrusion, which occur in the coastal area of Laizhou Bay in Shandong Province, are analysed. The characteristics of the two kinds of intrusion are compared as well. A three-dimensional sea water intrusion model to describe the sea water intrusion with a transitional zone 1.5–6.0 km wide in the phreatic aquifer and a solute transport model describing the behavior of cations exchange in the process of sea water intrusion are established.
Keywordssea water intrusion salt water intrusion cation exchange salt water-fresh water Interface numerical simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Custodio, E., Saline intrusion, hydrogeology in service of man,Memories of the 18th Congress of the Intern. Assoc. of Hydrogeologists, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1985, 75.Google Scholar
- 2.Breuck, W. de., Salt water intrusion meetings 1968–1983: A review, International Hydrological Program, Ghent, 1983.Google Scholar
- 3.Xue Yuqun, Xie Chunhong, Wu Jichunet al., The pattern of sea water intrusion in Longkou-Laizhou area,Acta Geological Sinica, 1992. 66(3): 280.Google Scholar
- 4.Bear, J.,Hydraulics of Ground Water, New York: McGraw-Hill, 1979.Google Scholar
- 7.Anderson, P. F., White, H. O., Mercer, J. W.et al., Numerical modeling of ground water flow and seawater transport in Northern Pinellas County. Florida,GeoTrans Inc., Herndon Va., 1985.Google Scholar
- 9.Wu, Jichun, Xue Yuqun, Xie Chunhonget al., A mathematical model for the description of the transport behavior of exchange cations in aquifer during sea water intrusion,Chinese Science Bulletin, 1996. 41(5): 431.Google Scholar