An alternative splice variant of human thioredoxin
- 26 Downloads
An alternative splice variant of human thioredoxin (hTRX) has been identified by using reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction, cloning and expressing of hTRX-encoding gene, and DNA sequencing. This variant contains hTRX exons 1, 2, 4 and 5. The entire protcin encoding region of this variant, named hTRX63, is identical to hTRX except for the omission of exon 3. Human TRX and TRXδ3 cDNA has been expressed inE. coli. The catalytic activity of rhTRXδ3 on DTT-dependent insulin reduction is lower than that of rhTRX, although hTRXδ3 still contains the active site.
Keywordshuman thioredoxin alternative splicing variant isofom E.coli
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Droge, W., Schulze-Osthoff, K., Mihm, S.et al., Functions of glutathione and glutathione disulfide in immunology and immunopathology,FASEH J., 1994, 14: 1131.Google Scholar
- 3.Anna, R., Neris, B., Roberto, S., High rates of thioredoxin secretion correlate with growth arrest.Cancer Res., 1995. 55: 675.Google Scholar
- 4.Pamela, Y., John, E. O., Ian, A. C.el al., The predicted amino acid sequence of human thioredoxin is identical to that of the autocrinc gmwth factor human adult T-ccll derived factor (ADF): thioredoxin mRNA is elevated in same human tumors,Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1994, 1218: 292.Google Scholar
- 5.Ma, D. L., Di, C. H., Song, Q. S.et al., PCR of hIL-9 cDNA and expression inE. coli, Journal of Beijing Medical University (in Chinese), 1994. 26(4): 243.Google Scholar
- 7.Liu, J., Ma, D. L., Di, C. H.et al., Expression of rhlL-3 homodimer inE. coli, Journal of Chinese Hematology (in Chinese), 1993, 14(9): 475.Google Scholar