Single-zircon dating of Precambrian strata in the west sector of the northern Qilian Mountains and its geological significance
- 17 Downloads
Single-zircon evaporation method was employed in the present study to determine the age of the iron-bearing rock series in Precambrian strata in the western sector of the northern Qilian Mountains. Three zircon ages from the diabase of the Aoyougou ophiolite previously put into Upper Lithologic Formation of the Zhulongguan Group are (1 840 ± 2), (1 783 ± 2) and (1 784 ± 2) Ma respectively, whereas the zircon ages from the welded breccias in the Zhulongguan Group are (733 ± 71, (738 ± 4) and (604 ± 6) Ma respectively. These results show that they should belong to the bottom of the middle Proterozoic and the upper part of upper Proterozoic respectively.
Keywordssingle-zircon dating Proterozoic stratigraphic division
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Xiao Xuchang, Cheng Guoming, Zhu Zhizhi, A preliminary study on the ancient ophiolites in the Qilian Mountains, Northwest China,Acta Geologica Sinica (in Chinese), 1978, 52(4): 281.Google Scholar
- 4.Liu Dunyi, Zhao Dunmin, Direct determination of the207Pb/206Pb age of single grain zircon by use of thermal emission mass spectrometer,Geological Review (in Chinese), 1988, 34(6): 206.Google Scholar
- 5.Song Biao, Principle of the single-zircon stepwise evaporation-deposition technique and the applications of zircon geochronology,Acta Geoscientia Sinica (in Chinese), 1994(1-2): 206.Google Scholar
- 6.Song Biao, The principle of dating single-grain zircon using the technique of stepwise evaporation-deposition on the mass spectroneler—Discussion,Geological Review (in Chinese), 1995, 41(3): 245.Google Scholar
- 7.Gausu Bureau of Geology and Mineral Resources,Regional Geology of Gansu Province (in Chinese), Beijing: Geological Publishing House, 1989, 27–28.Google Scholar