Effect of dimethyl sulfoxide on lysine production by a mutant ofBacillus subtilis with low homoserine dehydrogenase activity
- 31 Downloads
SomeBacillus subtilis mutants with different levels of homoserine dehydrogenase were described. Strains that do not accumulate methionine have a high homoserine dehydrogenase activity. Low activity was detected in mutants where cell growth was completely inhibited by 0.7 mmol/L methionine. A low concentration of dimethyl sulfoxide had a stimulatory effect on lysine production by the methionine-sensitive mutant ofBacillus subtilis.
KeywordsHomoserine Aspartate Kinase Coryneform Bacterium Lysine Biosynthesis Lysine Production
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chaudhuri A., Mishra A.K., Nanda G.: Lysine excretion by S-(2-aminoethyl)-l-cysteine resistant mutants ofBacillus subtilis.Acta Microbiol.Polon.32, 37–45 (1983).Google Scholar
- Kalcheva H.O., Shanskaya V.O., Faiziev M.M., Maluta S.S.: The diaminopimelate pathway for lysine biosynthesis inEscherichia coli and bacilli. (In Russian)Mol.Gen.Microbiol.Virol.7, 4–9 (1991).Google Scholar
- Miyajima R., Shiio I.: Regulation of aspartate family amino acid biosynthesis inBrevibacterium flavum. IV. Repression of the enzymes in threonine biosynthesis.Agric.Biol.Chem.35, 424–430 (1971).Google Scholar
- Nakayama K.:Comprehensive Biotechnology. Pergamon Press, New York 1985.Google Scholar
- Shevtchenko T. N., Timashova H.O., Alexieva Z.M.: Mutants ofBacillus subtilis resistant to S-(2-aminoethyl)-l-cysteine. (In Russian)Genetika25, 1937–1945 (1989).Google Scholar
- Tang R.T., Guang Y.X.: The preliminary study on lysine biosynthesis and its regulation.Microbiology in Industry (China)5, 23–30 (1983).Google Scholar