Origin of immature sulfur-rich oil in Jianghan oil field
- 28 Downloads
Chemical structure of immature sulfur-rich kerogen and composition of immature sulfur-rich crude oil in Jianghun oil field have been studied. In molecular level, crude oil differs from thermolysed and chemolysed products of kerogen but does resemble the bitumen in immature sulfur-rich source rock. Therefore, immature sulfur-rich oil may be derived from the expelling of bitumen rather than from thermal cracking of kerogen.
Keywordshigh-sulfur kerogen immature crude oil origin of petroleum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhou Guangjia, Low mature crude oils in fault-bounded basin, inSelected Paprs on Organic Geochemistry, Beijing: Geology Press. 1987, 27–37.Google Scholar
- 2.Bazhenova, O. K., Arefiew, O. A., Immature oils as the products of early catagenatic transformation of bacterial-algal organic matter,Org. Grorhutn., 1990, 11: 307.Google Scholar
- 3.Snowdon, L. R., Powell, T. G., Immature oil and condensate-modification of hydrocarbon generation model for terrestrial organic matter,AAPG Bulletin, 1982, 66: 775.Google Scholar
- 4.Wang Tieguan, Zhong Ningning, Hou Doujieet al., Occurrences and Formations of Low Mature Crude Oils. Beijing: Petroleum Industry Press. 1995.Google Scholar
- 5.Khavari, K. G., Michelsen, J. K., Geological and laboratory evidence for early generation of large amounts of liquid hydrocarbons from suberinite and subereous components.Org. Geochem., 1991, 11: 849.Google Scholar
- 6.Qin Kuangzhong, Thermal decondensation of kerogen: the formation of immature crude oil, inSelected Papers of Orgattic Gmhemistry. Beijing: Geology Press. 1998. 159–168.Google Scholar