An ABA-binding protein with nucleic acid-binding property
- 11 Downloads
Maize cDNA expression library was screened using the antibodies against ABA-binding proteins (ABBP). From 200 000 separated phage plaques, only one cDNA clone coding for a polypeptide was obtained. It shows 60%–65% homology to the genes of nucleic acid-binding proteins in mammalia. However, about 120 cDNA clones coding maize 17s rRNA were unexpectedly obtained. In view of this, the ABBP purified by ABA affinity chromatography and the antibodies derived from the purified ABBP were examined. It is found that rRNA is indeed present in the ABBP. In addition, the obtained antibodies could recognize RNA as well as ABBP. It is suggested that the ABBP have nucleic acid-binding property and can form a complex with rRNA.
KeywordsABA-binding proteins ABBP rRNA anti-ABBP sera cDNA expression library immunological screening
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Xia, K., Zhou, X., Purification of ABA-binding protein and preparation of antibodies against ABA-binding protein,Acta Nanjing Agri. Univ. (in Chinese), 1996, 19: 3.Google Scholar
- 5.Zhang, N.G., Zheng, Z. F., Zhou, X., Anti-idiotypic antibodies against ABA monoclonal antibodies mimicking ABA,Acta Nanjing Agri. Univ. (in Chinese), 1992, 15: 120.Google Scholar
- 6.Sang, Y. M., Zhou, X., Zhang, N. G. et al., Localization of ABA-binding protein in maize root tips using immuno-gold-silver staining,Science in China (in Chinese), Ser. B, 1996, 23: 1053.Google Scholar
- 7.Glover, D. M.,DNA Cloning, Vol 1: A Practical Approach, Oxford: IRL Press, 1985.Google Scholar
- 8.Jin, D. Y., Li, M. F.,Experimental Guide for Molecular Cloning (in Chinese), 2nd ed., Beijing: Chinese Science Publisher, 1993, 1–16.Google Scholar
- 14.Otto, J. P., Werner, B.,Nucleic Acid in Immunology, New York: Springer-Verlag, 1986, 174–200.Google Scholar