13CO mapping study for massive molecular cloud cores
- 23 Downloads
Using the newly installed SIS receiving system on the 13.7 m telescope at Qinghai Station of PMO, United Radio Astronomy of CAS, CO isotope13CO J= 1-0 and C18O J= 1-0 lines were observed for three sources S241, S39 and ON3. Results show that the three sources have massive cores, of which the size is ∼ 2-5 pc, masses are ∼ 103- 104M⊙. The widths of lines are also larger than those in low mass cores. And high velocity characteristics were observed for all the sources. The VLSR distribution presents rotation of the core in ON3. And all the three cores contain deeply embedded forming massive stars. The young stellar objects in S241 and ON3 seem to be moving away from their birth sites.
Keywordsinterstellar matter molecular clouds interstellar dynamics star formation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Wu, Y., Outflow near the low-mass young stellar objects, Progress in Astronomy, 1990, 4: 291.Google Scholar
- 4.Lada, C. J., Cold outflows, energetic winds and enigmatic jets around young stellar objects, AR A & A, 1985, 23: 267.Google Scholar
- 6.Evans, N. J. II, Physical conditions in regions of star formation, AR A&A, 1999, 37: 311.Google Scholar
- 8.Wu, Y., Li, Y., Lu, J. et al., A Co survey for high velocity gas in interstellar H2O maser sources, Acta Astrophysics Sinica, 1998, 18: 415.Google Scholar
- 9.Casoli, F., Combes, F., Dupraz, C. et al.,13CO and CO observations of cold IRAS unidentified point sources in the Galaxy, A&A, 1986, 169: 281.Google Scholar
- 10.Wu, Y., Yang, C., Li, Y., High velocity gas in S241 and IRAS19529 + 2704, C A & A, 1999, 23: 6.Google Scholar
- 12.Wouterloot, J. G. A., Brand, J., Henkel, C., Star formation in the outer Galaxy, A&A, 1988, 191: 323.Google Scholar
- 14.Comoretto, G., Palagi, F., Cesaroni, R. et al., The arcetri atlas of H2O maser sources, A & A S, 1990, 84: 179.Google Scholar
- 15.Genzel, R., Downes, D., H2O in the galaxy: sites of newly formed OB stars, A & A S, 1977, 30: 145.Google Scholar
- 16.Myers, P. C., Turbulence and collapse in star-forming clouds, in Proc. IAV Symp. 182, CO: Twenty-five Years of Millimeter-wave Spectroscopy Tucson, 1995 (eds. Latter, W. B., Radford, S. J. E., Jewell, P. Q. et al.), Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishen, 1997, 137.Google Scholar