Crystal structure determination of alkaline haemorrhagin AaH III from snake venom ofAgkistrodon acutus
- 10 Downloads
The haemorrhagin AaH III isolated from the snake venom ofAgkistrodon acutus is one of the few alkaline ones in snake venoms. Its crystals belong to space group P212121 witha = 9. 573 4 nm,b = 4. 996 7 nm andc = 4.728 8 nm. Its crystal structure was determined by the molecular replacement method according to the model of metalloproteinase Adamalysin II from eastern rattlesnake venom. The AaH III structure has been refined by PROLSQ. The finalR factor was 0.254 and the RMS deviations of bond lengths and angles were 0.001 8 nm and 1.5°. The structure comparison suggested that AaH III has a similar structure to other snake venom zinc-metalloproteinases. They all belong to matrix metalloproteinases super-family.
Keywordscrystal structure haemorrhagin metalloproteinase snake venom
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Gomis-Ruth, F. X., Kress, L. F., Kellermann, J.,et al., Refined 2.0 A X-ray crystal structure of the snake venom zinc-endopeptidase adamalysin II: primary and tertiary structure determination, refinement, molecular structure and comparison with astacin, collagenase and thermolysin,J. Mol. Biol., 1994, 239:513.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Gong, W., Zhu, Z., Niu, L.et al., Crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction studies of haemorrhagin I from the snake venom ofAgkistrodon acutus, Acta Cryst., 1996, D52(1): 201.Google Scholar
- 6.Gong, W., Zhu, Z., Niu, L.et al., Preliminary crystallographic studies on haemorrhagin III from the snake venom ofAgkistrodon acutus, Chinese Science Bulletin (in Chinese), 1996, 41(6).Google Scholar
- 7.Zhu, Z., Gong. W., Niu, L.et al., Purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of haemorrhagin IV from the snake venom ofAgkistrodon acutus, Acta Cryst., 1996, D52.Google Scholar
- 8.Brunger, A., T.,X-plor (version 3.1), New Haven and London: Yele University Press, 1992.Google Scholar
- 9.Brunger, A. T., Extension of molecular replacement: a new search strategy based on Patterson correlation refinement,Acta Cryst., 1990, A46:46.Google Scholar