Propagation of waves in a micropolar elastic layer with stretch immersed in an infinite liquid
- 21 Downloads
The effect of liquid on the propagation of waves in a micropolar elastic layer with stretch has been investigated. The frequency and wave velocity equations for symmetric and antisymmetric vibrations are derived. Propagation of monochromatic waves in a micropolar elastic layer with stretch is discussed. Results of this analysis reduce to those without stretch.
KeywordsWave propagation micropolar elastic layer monochromatic waves symmetric vibrations antisymmetric vibrations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Eringen A C, Micropolar elastic solids with stretch,Ari. Kitabevi Matbaasi 24 (1971) 1–18Google Scholar
- Kuvchinsbii E V and Aero E L, Continuum theory of asymmetric elasticity (in Russian),Fiz. Tvierd Tela 5 (1963) 2592–2601Google Scholar
- Nowacki W, Theory of micropolar elasticity, Int. Centre for Mechanical Sciences, Courses and Lectures, (Berlin: Springer Verlag) No. 25 (1970)Google Scholar
- Rao K M and Rao B K, Propagation of Rayleigh waves in multilayered media,Geophys. Res. Bull. 14 (1976) 15–23Google Scholar
- Senguptà P R and De S N, Surface waves in micropolar elastic medium,Bull. Acad. Polon Sci. Ser. Sci. Techn. 23 (1974) 137–146Google Scholar
- Sengupta P R and Benerji D K, Propagation of waves in a micropolar elastic layer immersed in an infinite liquid,Bull. Acad. Polon. Sci. Ser. Sci. Techn. 24 (1978) 175–189Google Scholar