Electronic and vibrational spectra of 2,4,6-trichloro- and 6-chloro-2,4-dimethoxypyrimidine
- 7 Downloads
This paper presents the investigations of the electronic and vibrational spectra of 2,4,6-trichloropyrimidine and 6-chloro 2,4-dimethoxypyrimidine. The electronic spectra have been recorded in the liquid and vapour states in the region 50000-28000 cm−1. Then-π and π-π transitions are classified in each case. Infrared absorption spectra of 2,4,6-trichloropyrimidine in nujol have been recorded in the region 4000-400 cm−1. It is concluded that substituents like Cl or OCH3 do not have much influence on thesp 2 electron of the nitrogen atom of the ring. From infrared studies the mass-dependent modes and the modes insensitive to substitution have been pointed out. The assignments are tentative and are based on the group frequency approach and data available for similar molecules.
KeywordsUV and IR spectra 2,4,6-trichloropyrimidine 6-chloro-2,4-dimethoxypyrimidine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Jaffe H H and Orchin M 1965Theory and applications of ultraviolet spectroscopy (New York: John Wiley and Sons) p. 379Google Scholar
- Rao C N R 1961Ultraviolet and visible spectroscopy (London: Butterworths) p. 57Google Scholar
- Srivastava S L and Rohitashava 1981Indian J. Phys. B55 455Google Scholar
- Srivastava S L and Prasad M 1982Indian J. Phys. B56 358Google Scholar
- Srivastava S L, Prasad M and Singh H S 1985Indian J. Phys. B59 29Google Scholar
- Stern E S and Timmons C J 1970Electronic absorption spectroscopy in Organic Chemistry 3rd edn. (London: Edwards Arnold) p. 157Google Scholar