Semecarpuflavanone—A new biflavanone fromSemecarpus anacardium Linn
- 29 Downloads
A new biflavanone designated as semecarpuflavanone has been recently isolated from the alcoholic extract of the nut shells ofSemecarpus anacardium Linn. It was dehydrogenated with iodine and potassium acetate in glacial acetic acid to the corresponding, relatively more stable biflavone known as SA4. The structure of semecarpuflavanone has been established through chemical and spectroscopic studies.
KeywordsSemecarpus anacardium Anacardiaceae biflavanones semecarpuflavanone biflavone SA4 PMR and mass spectra
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Jackson B, Locksley H D, Scheinmann F and Wolstenholme W A 1971J. Chem. Soc. C 3791Google Scholar
- Karanjgaokar C G, Radhakrishnan P V and Venkataraman K 1967Tetrahedron Lett. 3195Google Scholar
- Konoshima M, Ikeshiro Y, Nishinaga A, Matsura T, Kubota T and Sakamoto H 1969Tetrahedron Lett. 121Google Scholar
- Lin Y M and Chen F C 1973Tetrahedron Lett. 4747Google Scholar
- Mabry T J, Markham K R and Thomas M B 1970The systematic identification of flavonoids (New York: Springer) pp. 165–171Google Scholar
- Natarajan S, Murti V V S and Seshadri T R 1969Indian J. Chem. 7 751Google Scholar
- Varshney A K, Talat M, Khan N U, Rahman W, Hwa C W, Okigawa M and Kawano N 1973Indian J. Chem. 11 1209Google Scholar