Effects of molecular structure parameters on ring-opening reaction of benzoxazines
A colorless monoclinic crystal of dichloro-benzoxazine was obtained and examined by single crystal X-ray diffraction analysis. At the same time, molecular modeling analysis of nine benzoxazine compounds with different substituting groups was performed. Both single crystal X-ray diffraction analysis and molecular modeling analysis provide a detailed picture of molecular structure on molecular level and show good consistence with each other. On the basis of structural analysis, the effects of molecular structure parameters on ring-opening polymerization of benzoxazines have been explored.
Keywordsbenzoxazines single crystal structure parameters
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Schreiber, H., German Offen, 2 555 504, 1973.Google Scholar
- 5.Schreiber, H., German Offen, 2 323 936, 1973.Google Scholar
- 7.Culbertson, M., McGratn, J. E., Advances in Polymer Synthesis, New York and London: Plenum Press, 1985, 27.Google Scholar
- 8.Gu, Y, Lu, Z., Chinese Patent: CN1115772A.Google Scholar
- 10.Gu, Y, Xie, M., Liu, X. et al., Progress in the study of phenolic resin using ring-opening polymerization of benzoxazines, Progress in Chemical Engineering, 1998, 2: 43–47.Google Scholar
- 11.Pei, D., Gu, Y, Li, Z., Kinetics of curing reaction of dibenzoxazine precursors based on bisphenol A, Polymeric Materials Science & Engineering, 1997, 3:41–44.Google Scholar
- 12.Pei, D., Gu, Y, Cai, X., Structure and curing behavior of a new dibenzoxazine precursor containing allyl group, Acta Polym. Sinica, 1998, 5: 595–598.Google Scholar
- 13.Liu, X., Gu, Y, Study on the volumetric change during ring-opening polymerization of benzoxazines, Acta Polym. Sinica, 2000,5:612–619.Google Scholar
- 14.Andrew, P. R., Cody, V., Culbis, J. M. et al., Structure and conformations of GABA-transaminase inhibitors, II. Transition state analogues, Aust. J. Chem., 1986, 39: 1575–1585.Google Scholar