Vibrational spectra of α-molybdic acid-MoO3.H2O
- 113 Downloads
Their and Raman spectra of molybdenum trioxide—monohydrate are studied assuming an effective tetrahedral Mo-O coordination and isolated water molecules, although the crystallographic coordination is six-fold with two long Mo-O distances. Based onCt symmetry, the group theoretical analysis has been carried out and a vibrational assignment is proposed. The nature of hydrogen bonding and the librational modes of water molecules are discussed. The factor group splitting forv3, the asymmetric stretching mode of MoO4 = ion, is large indicating strong interchain coupling.
KeywordsRaman spectra molybdic acid librational modes infrared spectra
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Davydov A S 1969Theory of molecular excitons (New York: McGraw Hill)Google Scholar
- Kihlborg L 1963Arkiv. Kemi 21 357Google Scholar
- Krauss H L and Huber W 1961Chem. Ber. 94 2868Google Scholar
- Lindqvist I 1956Acta Chem. Scand. 10 1362Google Scholar
- Maricic S and Smith J A S 1958 J. Chem. Soc. 886Google Scholar
- Miller P J 1971Spectrochim. Acta A27 957Google Scholar
- Novak A 1979Mathematical and physical sciences NATO advanced study institute series C (ed.). T M Theophanides (Holland, D Reidel Publishing Company), p. 279Google Scholar
- Pezerat H 1979J. Chim. Phys. & Phys. Chim. Biol. 73 104Google Scholar
- Scherer J R 1978Advances in infrared and Raman spectroscopy (eds.) R J H Clark and R Hester. (London: Heydon & Son) Vol.5, p. 149Google Scholar
- Sreenivasan S 1979Analysis of the infrared internal vibrations of certain crystals Ph.D., University of KeralaGoogle Scholar