In vivo andin vitro studies of peroxidase and IAA-oxidase activity in relation to floral morphogenesis in ‘Trapezond’ tobacco
- 27 Downloads
The decrease of peroxidase (PO) and IAA-oxidase (IAAO) activities in stem bark of intact photoperiodically neutral tobacco plants was shown both in the course of development and in an acropetal direction along the stem as related to flowering regulation. In stem expiantsin vitro, the realisation stage of floral morphogenesis is related to an increase in PO and IAAO. This correlates with low auxin concentrations in the medium as required for floral morphogenesis. The changes in both PO and IAAO are suggested to be in the opposite directions during floral induction and floral morphogenesis.
KeywordsStem Bark Reproductive Development Floral Induction Floral Morphogenesis Realisation Stage
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chaïlakhyan, M. Kh., Aksenova, N. P., Bavrina, T. V., Konstantinova, T. N.: The callus model of plant flowering. - Proc. roy. Soc. London B190: 333–340, 1975.Google Scholar
- Gamburg, K. Z.: [Study of IAA-oxidase activity and its inhibitor.] In Russ. - In:Rakitin, J. V. (ed.): Metody Opredeleniya Regulyatorov Rosta i Gerbitsidov. [The Methods of Estimation of Growth Regulators and Herbicides.] Pp. 57–66. Nauka, Moskva 1966.Google Scholar
- Gamburg, K. Z., Podolyakina, L. A., Sitneva V. M.: [The activity of peroxidase and IAA-oxidase studied in suspension cultures of tobacco and soybean tissues.] In Russ. - Fiziol. Rast.24: 542–548, 1977.Google Scholar
- Gaspar, Th., Penel, Cl., Thorpe, T., Greppin, H.: Physiological processes mediated by peroxidases. - In: Peroxidases 1970–1980. A Survey of their Biochemical and Physiological Roles in Higher Plants. Pp. 89–122. Université de Genève, Centre de Botanique, Genève 1982.Google Scholar
- Khatoon, S., Seidlová, F., Krekule, J.: Time-dependence of auxin and ethrel effects on flowering inChenopodium rubrum L. - Biol. Plant.15: 361–363, 1973.Google Scholar
- Konstantinova, T. N., Aksenova, N. P., Sergeeva, L. I.: [A study of peroxidase in the dayneutral tobacco during generative development.] In Russ. - Fiziol. Rast.29: 639–643, 1982.Google Scholar
- Sergeeva, L. I., Konstantinova, T. N., Aksenova, N. P., Chaïlakhyan, M. Ch.: [Change of peroxidase and polyphenoloxidase activities as related to plants transition to flowering.] In Russ. - Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR274: 504–508, 1984.Google Scholar