Analysis of the suspension polymerization flows of polyvinyl chloride with the exergy analysis involving resource utilization and environmental influence
- 58 Downloads
In order to comprehensively assess the resource utilization of a process system and its influence on the environment, the application range of the traditional exergy analysis was expanded in this paper to include the pollution degree of the discharged wastes to the environment. So technology indexes can be obtained to comprehensively assess the resource utilization and the environment impact of a process system. The harm coefficient and effect coefficient were introduced to concern the different harm to the environment of the different wastes and the pollution effect relative to resource waste by environment. The determination method of the harm coefficient and effect coefficient was discussed. Two suspension polymerization flows of polyvinyl chloride were calculated with this method. The results show that the method can comprehensively assess the resource utilization and the environment impact of the chemical process system by comparing and analyzing.
Keywordsexergy analysis resource utilization environment impact polyvinyl chloride
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Xu Songling, Measurement of Economic Loss of Environment Damage in China—Example and Theory, Beijing: Environment Science Press of China, 1998, 7–9.Google Scholar
- 3.Flower, J. R., Bikos, S. C., Johnson, S. W., The graphical mass balance in the early design of clean processes, Tran. of IChE, Part B, 1993, 194.Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, Y. P., Smith, R., Wastewater minimization, Chem. Eng. Sci., 1994, 49(7): 881.Google Scholar
- 6.Pistikopoulos, E. N., Stefanis, S. K., Livingston, A. G., A methodology for minimum environmental impact analysis, AL-CHE Symposium Series, Volume on Pollution Prevention through Process and Product Modifications, 1994, 90(303): 139.Google Scholar
- 8.Rivero, R., The Exergoecologic improvement potential of industrial processes, in Proc.of TAIES’97, Beijing: World Publishing Corporation, 1997, 299–304.Google Scholar
- 12.Wang Jing?He Deke?Wang Yaoqu, The Handbook of Assessment Environment Data—Toxic Substance Identification Data, Beijing: Chemical Industry Press, 1988, 424–426.Google Scholar
- 13.Xiang Xinyao, Exergy Analysis Method in Engineering (in Chinese), Beijing: Petroleum Industry Press?1990, 313–314.Google Scholar
- 14.The Laws Assembly of Pollute Penalty (1982 –1996), Xi’an: Environment Supervision and Control Office in Xi’an City, 1997, 199–208.Google Scholar
- 15.Sahaku, Y., Closed System of Chemical Production (in Chinese), (translated by Yu Puyi, An Jiaju, Liu Renkan), Beijing: Chemical Industry Press, 1987, 43–58.Google Scholar