Inter-taxa differences in extinction process of Maokouan (Middle Permian) fusulinaceans
- 30 Downloads
Analyses of the extinction process of fusulinacean in the Maokouan (Middle Permian) biotic crisis have revealed remarkable differences between taxa with various morphological features. Nankinellinids suffered a heavy loss of species in the early stage of the Maokouan event. Schwagerinids and neoschwagerinids both showed a stepwise decrease in species diversity, but the pulses of species extinction occurred in different stages of the extinction process. The species extinction of verbeekinids happened primarily in the Late Maokouan.
KeywordsPermian fusulinacean mass extinction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jin, Y. G., Two phases of the end-Permian event (abstract), Paleoworld ((ed. Laboratory of Palaeobiology and Stratigraphy, Nanjing Institute of Geology, Academia Sinica), Nanjing: Nanjing University Press, 1991, 1: 78–79.Google Scholar
- 2.Jin, Y. G., The pre-Lopingian benthos crisis, Compte Rendu, XII ICCP, Buenos Aires, 1993, 2: 267.Google Scholar
- 3.Jin, Y. G., Zhang, J., Shang, Q., Two phases of the end-Permian mass extinction, Canadian Soc. of Petroleum Geologist, Memoir, 1994, 17: 813.Google Scholar
- 6.Rui, L., The Permian of low Yangtze region, Journal of Stratigraphy (in Chinese), 1981, 5: 263.Google Scholar
- 7.Sheng, J. Z., Zhang, L. X., Wang, J. H., Fusulinids (in Chinese), Beijing: Science Press, 1988, 1–240.Google Scholar