On the relationship between environmental aridization of the Loess Plateau and soil water in loess
- 106 Downloads
The similarity between loess palaeo- environment and geographic distribution of modem bioclimatic zones is taken as a starting point; the relationship between the environmental aridization and soil water in loess ia discussed from the point view of the soil water energy status and their soil water physical characteristics of modem lcessial soils on the Loess Plateau. The soil water content becomes less and less from southeast to northwest, which not only provides favorable conditions for dust production by wind of loess origin, but also reveals that there is obviously a directional change in the environmental drought intensity of the Loess Plateau.
Keywordsthe Loess Plateau water in the loess soil environment aridizaiton
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Liu Dongsheng, An Zhisheng, Wen Qizhong et al., Geology environment of 1- in Chiua,China Science BuIletin (in Chinese), 1978, 23(1): 1.Google Scholar
- 2.Liu Dongsehng, et al.,Loess and the Environment (in Chinese), Beijing: Sciences Press, 1985, 191–361, 411.Google Scholar
- 3.Zhou Weijian, An Zhisheng,14C chronology of the Loess Plateau in China, inLoess. Quaternacy and Globe Change (in Chinese), Beijing: Science Press, 1992. 38–43.Google Scholar
- 5.Liu Dongsheng et al.,Loess in Middle course of the Huanghe River (in Chinese), Beijing: Science Press, 1964, 186–189.Google Scholar
- 6.Yang Qingye, Yuan Hying,Natural Environment and Development in the Loess Plateau Region (in Chinese), Beijing: Science Press, 1991, 6–9.Google Scholar
- 7.Li Yushan, Han Shifeng, Wang Zhenghua, Soil water properties and its zonation in the Loena Plateau,Memoirs of Northwest Institute of soil and Water Conservation of Academia Sinica (in Chinew), Vol. 2, 1985, 1.Google Scholar
- 8.Yang Wennhi, Shi Yujie. Fei Weiweng, Evaluation on evaporation properties and draught resistance ability of several soil in the Loess Plateau under unsaturated condition,Journal of Soil (in Chinese), 1988, 22(1): 14.Google Scholar
- 9.Yang Wenzhi, Yu Cunzu,Regional Control and Evoluation of the Loess Plateau (in Chinese), Beijing: Science Press. 1992, 282–290.Google Scholar