Cosmic strings in Bianchi III spacetime: Integrable cases
- 14 Downloads
We investigate the integrability of cosmic strings in Bianchi III spacetime using a symmetry analysis. The behaviour of the model is reduced to the solution of a single second order nonlinear differential equation. We show that this equation has a rich structure and admits an infinite family of solutions. Our class of solutions extends special cases previously obtained by Tikekar and Patel [Gen. Relativ. Gravit. 24, 397 (1992)].
KeywordsCosmology strings integrable
PACS Nos04.20 98.90
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- I J Homer Lane,Am. J. Sci. Arts 4, 57 (1869–1870)Google Scholar
- R Emden,Gaskugeln, Anwendungen der mechanischen Warmen-theorie auf Kosmologie und meteorologische Probleme, Leipzig, Teubner (1907)Google Scholar
- R H Fowler,Q. J. Math. 45, 289 (1914);Google Scholar
- S Lie,Differentialgleichungen, (New York, Chelsea, 1967)Google Scholar
- V Ermakov,Univ. Izv. Kiev Ser. III 9, 1 (1880)Google Scholar
- I S Gradshteyn and I M Ryzhik,Table of integrals, series and products. fourth edition, edited by Allan Jeffrey (Academic Press, San Diego, 1980)Google Scholar
- K S Govinder and P G L Leach,Integrability analysis of the Emden-Fowler equation, Preprint: Department of Mathematics, University of the Aegean (1994)Google Scholar