Climatic variations in the past 140 ka recorded in core RM, east Qinghai-Xizang Plateau
- 58 Downloads
The sequences of climatic evolution are reconstructed by the analyses of δ13C and δ18O of carbonate from core RM in the Zoige Basin since 140 kaB. P. During the Last Glaciation there existed at least seven warm climatic fluctuations and five cold events correlated with the records of ice core and deep sea, and during the preceding last interglacial period there were two cold climatic variations coinciding with the record of ice core GRIP. These results de-pict climatic instability in east Qinghai-Xizang Plateau over the last interglacial period. In addition, the environmental proxies of the carbonate content and pigments indicate the similar results to the stable isotope record from core RM.
KeywordsZoiê Basin oxygen isotope climatic variation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Burcharott, B., Fritz, P., Environmental isotopes as environmental and climatological indicators,Handbook of Environmen tal Isotope Geochemistry (eds. Fritz, P., Fontes, J. C.), Part I, Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1980, 478–1504.Google Scholar
- 3.Abell, P. Z., Oxygen isotope ratios in modern African gastropod shells: a data base for paleoclimatology,Chem Geol Iso topeGeosci., 1985, 58: 183.Google Scholar
- 4.Emrich, K., Ehhalt, D. H., Vogel, J. C., Carbon isotope fractionation during the precipitation of calcium carbonate,Earth Planet. Sci Letts., 1970, 83: 63.Google Scholar
- 5.Wang Yunfei, Wang Sumin, Xue Binet al, Sedimentological evidence of the piracy of fossil Zoige lake by the Yellow River,Chinese Science Bulletin, 1995, 40(18):1539.Google Scholar
- 11.Li Jijun,Uplift of Qinghai- Xizang (Tibet) Plateau and Global Change, Lanzhou: Lanzhou University Press, 1995, 130–180.Google Scholar
- 12.LU Houyuan, Guo Zhengtang, Wu Naiqin, Paleomonsoon evolution and Heinrich events: evidence from the Less Plateau and the south China sea,Quaternary Sciences, 1996, (1) 9.Google Scholar